Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Time To Give Thanks 3.1


An addittion to today's Grattitude Post. I was reminded of a poem I wrote several years ago, looked back through my files and thought I would share.

ON BENDED KNEE

Father, I come before Thee now
On bended knee I humbly bow
My soul cries out, doubts tear apart
Fears overwhelm, a heavy heart.

The storms of life rage all around
The seas rise up, seek to drown
Amidst the struggle, thru din of thought
I think of Him who salvation bought.

The only begotten Son of Thee
With meekness and love bore Gethsemane
Felt our sorrows, descended below them all
Redeemed all men from Adam’s Fall.

The seas are calmed, the storms depart
His peace and comfort fill my heart
Burdens lift, I feel His love
Strength and courage from above.

He is my ever-constant friend
Grief and pain he heals and mends
My joy is full, my soul takes flight
Life is blessed by Heaven’s light.

Father, I come before thee now
On bended knee I humbly bow
I thank thee for thy precious Son
My Lord, The Christ, The Chosen One.

~Robbie Stockton 1/2002

No comments:

Post a Comment